Hakushu 12 Years Whisky, 700ml
A perennial favourite and a must-try for anyone interested in discovering Japanese whisky. Hakushu is owned by Suntory, founders of the first Japanese distillery, Yamazaki. The original Hakushu distillery was built in 1973, with another distillery building called Hakushu Higashi (east) added in 1981.
• Nose: Light and grassy and slightly stony to start. In time there’s sweet persimmon and nut.
• Palate: Pure and very clean. Sweet lime, green fruits then a hint of smoke and a buttery meadow sweet/chamomile note. Light to the point of fragility.
• Finish: Honey, lemon and a little ginger.
* 3 days processing time is required
* Delivery is unavailable from 21 to 28 Jan 2020
* Self-Collection is unavailable from 24 to 27 Jan 2020