Yamazaki Distiller's Reserve, 700ml
A fresh and fruity whisky from Yamazaki, full of red fruit and a touch of sherry cask. It's also got some mizunara (Japanese oak) matured whisky in the mix, which comes through as a complex spicy and almost incense-like note. A well put together and deep dram.
• Nose: The wine cask seems to dominate the nose here with strawberries and red fruit taking centre stage. However, sitting quietly in the background is the incense from the mizunara, a hint of dried fruit from the sherry cask and a touch of coconut.
• Palate: An abundance of red fruit again, with raspberries, strawberries and even redcurrants coming through, although there’s more dimensions to this than the first wine cask sample that we tried. White peach, a hint of wood and spice, back-up notes of red cherries and candied fruits all come into play here as well.
• Finish: Relatively long finish with vanilla and sweet spice dancing around the tongue.
* 3 days processing time is required
* Delivery is unavailable from 21 to 28 Jan 2020
* Self-Collection is unavailable from 24 to 27 Jan 2020